Tuesday 7 January 2014

Consensual-Part 14



I woke up with my head pounding. The cause of my headache was my sweetheart screaming out my name … not out of love and affection. “Shruti! Get your hand off from me.”, he said, pulling my hand away from him. I hadn’t noticed that my hand was on his chest. I moved my hand with embarrassment.

I quickly got up to face him though I didn't have heart to stand up. His eyes became smaller and the lines formed on the forehead. He was really angry. “ How dare you touch me? You may be wife to the people outside but to me you are just a pain. Don’t you ever touch me.”, he snapped. It pinched my heart although I was aware of the fact he would refuse the fact that I was his wife now.

I stood there for a while to get through the pain. I knew it would be difficult to stay without love from the person who I believed was my life. My soul had accepted him from the time I set my eyes on him. Every day from that day onwards , I had always hoped that one day he would realize my love. This hope still stays stronger with every passing day.

He walked out of the room leaving me alone to my sorrow. After few minutes of being numb, I regained myself back. I refreshed myself and headed towards the kitchen. My mother in law was already there. She had prepared most of the breakfast leaving me with nothing else to do except placing the food and plates on the dining table. I felt guilty for not waking up on time and meekly asked for forgiveness. She politely declined it and said, “ This is your first day at our house, dear. How can I let my beautiful daughter head the kitchen now?.”

“ No Aunty.. I mean Ma! I cannot let you work when I am here. It’s time for you to rest. You have considered me as your daughter and let your daughter assist you.”, I said softly. She hugged me with assurance that I was now a part of their family.

Everyone sat around the dining table. The breakfast was served on their plates. Everyone was there at the breakfast except him. I waited for him before Ma asked me to not to wait for him as he never had any meals with the family. I was sad and doubted my self. Was it because of  me that he was avoiding his family? Was it always going to be like this?

( To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment