Wednesday 15 January 2014

Consensual - part 20


I couldn't look at him. I tried to avoid me as much as I could. But he was my husband and I had no option but deal with him.

I wanted to forget the incident. Unfortunately he didn't let me forget it. He would bring up the issue every time.

I was reading one of my favorite books. It was a classic novel called Emma . Since it  had been long time I laid my eyes on a book. I only wanted a peaceful alone time with myself. But my husband took away that time too. "Hey! Wifey! Whatever happend that night was complete mistake. But your reaction to it was outrageous. You are my wife and I am no stranger to you. How dare you slap me in front of my friends?" , he said disturbing my peace.

I had lost my cool. This had been hundredth time he was bringing up this issue. "What do you want me to do? Kiss you back and say how grateful of you to share that kiss. You seriously have no heart! I didn't dare to slap. Your action were enough to make me react like that. Who embarrasses his wife in front of his friend? ", I snapped at him. I was very angry with him.

I walked away from him. He didn't even have courtesy to ask forgiveness. How egoistic he was? He had already broke my heart and now he was ripping it more.  It was dinner time. Everyone was at dinner table except Praveen. As usual he had gone out with his friends for another rave party organised by him. Sometimes I wonder about his irresponsible behaviour. Father in law would earn so much day and night. Praveen  wouldnt even care to save one single penny. Love is so blind. It never shows us the true side.

" Shruti , I need a favour from you child. I have an upcoming deadline for auditing books and I have few staff this year. So I was hoping that you could help me out.", father in law asked. Why did he ask me to help him? Would I be good enough to assist him? I was merely his sons wife and had not much of an exposure to outside world. What did father in law see in me?

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment