Wednesday 8 January 2014

Consensual-part 15



I had already accepted his family as mine within a week . However I could not win his heart. He would hardly be there at home. In one week I had learnt so many things about him… the ones that I didn’t want to hear. Fun and friends were the only part of his life. The word responsibility was alien to him.

He would hang out with his friends from as early as sun rays touches the earth to the wee hours of the night. He was dependent on his dad’s wealth. He was reckless and would spend unnecessarily. I wish I could stop him. But then I never had any right to say that to him. I was never his wife. According to him, this marriage was null.

I hated when he would come home drunk and fall directly on the bed. I would help him with taking his shoes from his feet. Later I would tucked the blanket around him. Then I would make myself comfortable on the sofa. It had become my new bed. It was quite amazing that a woman like me who had slept in luxurious bed was so comfortable in sleeping in three seater sofa.

Every morning I would pray that he would wake up without hurting me with his mean tongue. Unfortunately I would face the brunt of his raging temper. He would taunt me for every possible mistake that I hadn’t done. But I didn’t lose hope and would try hard to impress him.

One fine morning I woke up early to clean his disorganized room. I dusted his desk and cupboard. I folded the dresses properly in his wardrobe and arranged the books in order. I mopped the room. It was spick and span within few hours. I walked to Ma’s room to see if she needed any help. We were in middle of an interesting conversation when all of sudden Praveen screamed out of my name. I ran to the room to see what he needed. My heart was beating with fear that what was going to say. “ What the hell did you do to my room? Who asked you to clean? You are not a freaking maid! Wait a minute ! ( He pressed his hand on his head ) You think this will impress me. God! How many times should I say this? YOU. ARE. NOTHING. TO . ME!”, he hurled at me.

He pulled out his favorite green shirt out of properly folded clothes, making them look disorganized. All my hours of organizing had gone wasted. I sat on his bed with tears bursting out of my eyes.

(To be continued)



No comments:

Post a Comment