Monday 6 January 2014

Consensual-part 13



Wife! I was his wife now. My stomach revolted at the thought of being his wife. Every inch of me disapproved this very fact. Everyone wished us for the new beginning when we were being introduced as official husband and wife to the society in the formal ceremony.I was tired of giving fake smile to world assuring them I was very happy. I stared at him. He was definitely not good at pretending unlike me.

Ah! This was not what I wished for! I had so many dreams about my perfect wedding reception. I always dreamed of having a ballroom dancing at reception just like the one from the movies I used to watch. However my wish was going to remain as a wish forever. The first dance with my husband was only going to be an  imaginary vision.

The night continued with lot of ceremonies that the elders thought was necessary. We were dead tired with only brink of energy left in our body. The only thing that we needed was sleep…. only if that was possible.

We were sent to our room after long hours of rituals and godforsaken things in name of rituals. I wanted to get out of heavy jewelry and sari. Instead of changing, I sat on the bed due to exhaustion. As he freshened up, he stared at me for sometime and angrily took the pillows from the bed. He slept on the three seater sofa which was at the end of the room. His room was neither really big nor it was small. It would have looked spacious if the furniture didn't hinder the space. However I had to accept the room regardless how big or small it was. It was going to be my room for rest of my life if we continued to stay here.

I got ready for the night sleep. I took out the jewelry and wore silk night dress that my cousin thought was appropriate for tonight. Before switching off the lights, I took out large blanket from the bed and covered him. I looked at the way he had innocently curled up on the sofa though his lean body didn’t fit into the small sofa.

I kissed his forehead and sat down. I  wanted to spend the whole night staring at him while he slept well. However my eyes didn't let me stay awake.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment