Thursday 16 January 2014

Consensual - part 21

I was in a dilemma whether to say yes or no. Yes I wanted to assist my father in law and I would have readily accepted. But Praveen was extremely talented and smart enough to handle issues.

" Praveen could help you out. He is good at it. He knows the work well. I don't have any experience. I never loved accounts. I wouldn't be of any use.", I raised an opinion.

"Well, if he was responsible, I wouldn't have to beg people to join me. You are responsible and smarter than him though you don't have experience. You can pick up soon. You are efficient too.", he said assuring me about my strengths.

I wasn't convinced at all. Indeed he was irresponsible. I was in opinion that he should be given at least one chance to prove his worth. "You can take your time and tell me. I am not in hurry.", father in law said, keeping his hopes in me.

I was thinking about telling Praveen to accept the offer. I knew he wouldn't listen to me. But why not try? I waited untill morning. Before I could tell him anything, he spoke, "I heard that dad asked you to assist him. You should accept the offer. At least you can use your energy into doing something instead of slapping people.", he sarcastically commented.

I felt bad. I wanted to share my opinion about him assisting his dad. Father in law was right! My husband was an irresponsible ass hole who had only time for spending family's money for useless activities. I walked up to my father in law and said, " I am ready to come to office. Can I join you from today?"

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment