Monday 24 June 2013

First love-part 2




Ahh!!! The smell of freshly baked pancakes from kitchen had induced the hunger pangs in my tummy.  I threw back pack on the sofa and ran towards the kitchen.  My mum had placed them on the plate. I grabbed the chocolate sauce and poured it over the pancakes. Later I dug on it without caring about the hygiene and my mum’s warning that it was hot. I screamed as I burnt my mouth. My mum gave me a ‘ I told you so’ look and offered me a glass of cold water.

I had turned up the volume of my music player to the highest level. I sat on the bed with my laptop. I had composed a new song and was busy editing it. Everything seemed normal. Every calm day is followed by the cyclone. “ Vicky! Vicky!! Where the hell are you? “, my dad a.k.a  Hitler called. I didn’t reply. He stormed into my room.  He switched off the player and snatched my laptop. 

“Am I calling a dead person? Why don’t you answer when I call?” he said. “ I am sorry, dad. I didn’t hear you.” I apologized. “ How will you hear with all this noise?  Anyway, your tutor called me. He said that you have not attended his classes for past few days. Why?  I do so much for your future. I put you to good coaching classes and provide you all the amenities. This is how you reward me?” he scolded me.  I didn’t say anything and stared down at the floors. 

I was missing the early morning classes for practice with the band. The playoff was starting during the first week of next month. We had to win this. It was our big ticket to the music industry. However I had to do this (practice) privately. My dad opposed my dreams of being in the band and wanted me to be either the usual engineer or doctor. 

“ …so I had planned to put you in boarding school. I guess you will be serious if you are away from this cocoon.”, he said. What ! I am being sent to the boarding school. Why? What about my friends, my life and my dreams? How could he make such decisions without asking me?  “ Dad, you didn’t ask me. I can’t leave my friends. Please don’t do this. “ I wanted to say. But I didn’t. I stood there quietly nodding to his demands.

I was depressed the next day. Rahul was perturbed by my cold behaviour. He asked me several times and I dodged his questions by telling that I was not feeling well. 

I was at the bus stop waiting for the bus. Rahul hadn’t accompanied me due to his football practice.  I was still thinking about yesterday’s conversation with dad. “Excuse me!  Do you know which bus goes to Indira Gandhi complex?” a sweet voice said which startled me. It was her- the lady I saw yesterday. “ Huh.. Bus.. I am taking bus which stops at that place.. I will tell..you..where to get down. “ I stammered. Her charm had some influence on me that had impaired my thoughts and speech. She was an angel whose presence had made me forget my existence. 

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment