Thursday 13 June 2013

Letter to my beloved-part 4b




He waited at the driveway with the car parked. He looked at the ground and his fingers were crossed. He prayed god that his plan worked. He was totally engrossed in his thoughts that he didn’t notice her coming. Her voice shook him up from his thoughts.

She was looking ravishing as ever in the red dress he had bought. He couldn’t take his eyes from her. But when he thought about his plan, he felt the pain. “I wish this day hadn’t arrived. How am I going to stay away from her?”, he thought.

They were driving on a highway towards their destiny. Saniya looked confused and asked, “Where are we going?” “ Hmmm…Surprise! (gives nervous smile) You will love it.”, he said. She rolled her eyes with a disappointment. “ I shouldn’t have come.”, she thought. He could understand that she did not like it. He begged lord that she doesn’t stop car and leave. Yes!! She was capable of doing that. If she could throw a diamond ring on his face then she could do anything.

However she remained calm and unwearied. They reached at a familiar road. This made Saniya uncomfortable. Old memories looked so fresh in her mind. Her eyes had become moist. “Why are we here?”, she asked. He didn’t reply. 

After few minutes, they were near Ian’s house. “This is your surprise. I know how much you love Ian. So I thought I should break our relationship…u are free now. I wanted you to be happy. If Ian can make you happy, then this is it. I have signed divorce papers. You can sign it and send it to me whenever you want. Go… Ian is..waiting for.. you.” , he said.

Saniya had no words to say. She was taken aback by what he said. She didn’t know whether to be happy or sad. She got out of the car and walked towards the house. When she looked back, he was gone. She stood there with the paper. Her body had gone numb. She was feeling nauseated. She felt as if something previous of hers was lost. But she didn’t know why.
  
(To be continued)

1 comment: