Sunday 2 June 2013

The perfect date-part 6



His shirt had got really wet. However, he didn’t care. He saw her red face that was due to too much of weeping. “Are you feeling better?” he asked. “I am fine. I am sorry for wetting your t-shirt.”, she said while trying to breath. 

He grinned and hugged her tightly. After she pulled herself out of his embrace, she said softly, “How do you know so much about me? I hardly know you.” “Ahh! You and the never ending questions! (grins) I have a power to read the past of people I meet. ” , he said and winked at her. “I..I have a confession to make. You remind me of Jane sometimes.”, he added. “Who is Jane?”,she asked. “Jane..was my life. She was going to be my future wife…”he said and started talking about his past for the first time in his life. “Yesterday marks our 122th death anniversary. I usually hunt at that day. But after seeing you, I had no courage to kill you. I saw my Jane in you.”, he continued. “ I thought my life was bad and worthless. Your life is more dark and complicated than mine. You have lost so much than me.”, she said. She took his hand into hers and squeezed it gently. 

 They stopped talking and walked until her legs were paining.  He saw her tired eyes and said, “I guess you are tired. Let’s take you home.”  He dropped her home. They were at her doorstep. “Well, I guess it is the end of this beautiful night.” she said. “ Yes, but I am looking forward for our date  tomorrow.”, he said excitedly. “What date? Wasn’t this a date for you?”she asked. He rolled his eyes and said, “No! This was what you call ‘starters’. Tomorrow I would show you what perfect date is”he said , giving her his brightest smile. She blushed and fled inside her house.

She woke up to a new day in her life. She smiled carelessly for the first time. She never felt so fresh and relaxed than today. After the breakfast, she visited her mother cum mentor. Her mother was so excited to see her. They spoke after a long time. There was so much to share. God! She did miss so many things in her life. Later she called her friends. Though her friends didn’t accept her apologies easily, it didn’t dampen her spirit. 

She was at her room in the evening. She was rekindling her previous relationship(both professional and personal). The door bell rang. She opened the door to see that he was waiting for her with his usual charm. She greeted him with a passionate kiss and hugged him tight.
It was night that she was looking forward.

                                                                ****************

No comments:

Post a Comment