Thursday 27 June 2013

First love-part 5





It was celebration at my cousin’s house. He was getting married to a girl his parents had chosen for him. Everyone was happy for him. Obviously! Why would they be? Their favorite son listens to them and never fights back. Unfortunately I had never been myself after my dad broke the news.

I remained quiet and aloof the whole day. My family was a little surprised by my behaviour as I was not into my mischievousness. They had tagged my aloofness to me growing up. I was missing my friends already. The day was so dull with Rahul and how can I forget the angel at the bus stop. I hadn’t seen for five days and the days looked like months to me. I was lost in this wedding chaos without her. 

As I was engrossed in thoughts about her, I had accidently walked into someone. But when I looked up, that stranger looked familiar. Why wouldn’t she be? She was the queen of my heart. She looked at me with familiar glance. “ Hi, how come you are here? “ , she asked. “It ‘s my cousin wedding. How are you? Long time! I mean it’s been long time seeing you.” I replied, realizing the awkwardness in my voice.

“ Hey jaan, you are here! I have been looking for you everywhere. I wanted you to meet some of my relatives.”, my cousin called. What! Her name was Jaan. Sweet but weird name for an angel like her. He hugged her tightly though she felt discomfort in front of me. I was in total confusion and quite jealous of my cousin for hugging my love.  

“Hey bro! How’s life? Look at you! I never thought this small and thin boy could ever grow taller than me. Anyway, you haven’t met the bride-my future wife- Jaan to me, Jhanvi to all.”, he said. No! This can’t be. How can this be possible? I didn’t believe this for some time. But his words replayed in my mind many times and each time it caused pain in my heart.

 Heartbreaks are much worse than being away from your beloved. The wedding was next day. I couldn’t dissolve the fact that she was going to be someone else angel. I didn’t know whether to hate my cousin more or feel happy for him. 

I came back home with heavy heart. I had got selected in one of reputed boarding school as dad wanted. I knew there were few more days left to bid my past. I didn’t want to leave my friends but I had to. I had no options left. I had to leave this place to forget her. It took days to let the feelings for her go. However the deepest feeling for her still remained. The worst part was that she stayed across the street and had become regular visitor to my house. 

It was last day. I was with my friends. “ So you are not going to play for the band. Dude, we are going to miss you. Wish you could stay a little longer.”, Rahul said. “Oh lord! Why are you doing this?”  I pleaded to god. I didn’t speak anything during my last dinner with my parents. “ When is your concert?”, my dad suddenly asked. “ Next week.” I gave a monologue reply. “I thought…hmmm..I had extended your stay until you finish your concert.” , he said. Shit! What was he saying? I gave a confused look. “ I meant you could play for your band and then you could leave. “ he said.  I jumped with excitement and hugged my dad. This was biggest surprise after all that happened in my life. I was indeed happy though it didn’t mend my heart totally.

                                    *******The end*******

No comments:

Post a Comment