Wednesday 5 June 2013

Love wrecked-part 3


There was unexpected downpour in the city. I was wet from top to bottom. The stupid umbrella was of new use. It broke due to strong winds.  I ran towards the entrance of my apartment as fast as I could. I took the lift to my place as I was really tired to take stairs. As I pressed the floor number, he came rushing towards the lift. He almost fell on me. He said sorry in his deep embarrassed voice. I was dumbstruck due to this incident. 

We stood still without speaking or looking at each other. I wanted to peek at his face. But I didn’t have courage. He got out of his floor and didn’t say a goodbye. I felt the pinch in my heart. 

                                                      ***********
It had been days since I spoke to him. I was love wrecked for days. The pain was so strong and deep only because we didn’t speak!  It was strange. It was end of the year. Christmas holidays had started. My friends had called me for a trip to their farmhouse which I declined. I didn’t feel like going anywhere. 

I would desperately check messages in Facebook. I hardly saw him online or offline. I started listening to Evanescence My immortal and Bring me to life repeatedly. I would go to the terrace during evenings for self pitying. I would wish for coincidence meetings with him. But that never happened.

It was New Years Eve. While everyone was excited about the New Year, I was least happy about it. I had many plans for this New Year. However I cancelled it. My mum was surprised by my sudden behaviour. She asked me to join her at oldies ‘cards game’ program. I had no choice as my mum was against leaving me alone at home. 

 I was at his place. His mum had organized this program. As usual the star of the house was missing. Why is he avoiding me? It was not his mistake. It was just a wrong timing. I constantly looked at my cell to check time. It was still 11 pm. One more hour to go!! Why does the time go slower when you want it to go faster? My parents were having great time. My sister was away with her friends and I was here , repenting on why I had canceled all plans with my friends.

It was 12 am-the time the year ended and the new one began. As everyone were wishing each other, the bell rang. I opened the door to see him. I was delighted and sad at the same time. Love! Love! I don’t understand! When you are so lost and broken, a small hope is enough to lift you up.

 (To be continued)

2 comments:

  1. Nice one..waiting to see what happens next :)
    Is this really fictional? I feel there must be some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Few of the incidents are real ...:)

    ReplyDelete