Wednesday 26 June 2013

First Love-part 4



I saw my nightmare waiting at door step. “How come he has come early today?” I wondered. “ Ah , at last you have come. I have to discuss about something to you. Freshen up and come down soon.” he said.

I nodded. I rushed to my room and did what he said. As I came down the stairs, I thought, “What was he going to discuss? I hope it’s not any shocking news.”  He was having tea with mum. They were seated on the sofa. “Son, come. I was discussing about you with your mother. We have decided to put you into boarding school after this month.  I have finalized one. It’s perfect for you.” , he said. “ What! How can you not tell me before putting me into one? You know I have my life set here. I can’t leave them.” I argued.  “ What do you mean by ‘ you have life here’? Your stupid music band… your wrong friends..your so called cool attitude that has bought shame to the family. You have no idea how much pain I take to keep you moral and educated. Look at your cousin-Rohit! He is a successful man. He has made a name for himself. You know how he did it? Studies and not all this music.” , he scolded.

God!! I have started hating my cousin more , every time he sings his (cousin) praises. Why does he compare me with him? We are totally different person. What does music or studies got to do with being successful? Argghhh!!! These parents!! They don’t understand what you really want and put pressure on you to do something that they haven’t done in their life.

“ You are going there! It’s final. Write a leave application addressed to your principal. We are going to native for a week from next Monday. It’s Rohit’s wedding next week and you have an interview with the principal of that boarding school.  Be prepared.” , he ordered. It had always been like this. He would throw all his decisions at me and I had to accept them without questioning him. 

Next day I had broken the news to Rahul. He was depressed by this news. “This is not fair! How am I going to survive without you? So we have two weeks after you come back. I hate this!”, he said. I hugged him tight and never wanted to leave him for a second. 

It was worst day ever. I wished that the principal hadn’t granted me the leave. Unfortunately he did. God never did listen to my prayers. So why he would do today? 

I thought if I would see her today, I would forget my tensions. Bad Luck again! She wasn’t there. I waited till I was the last person to get into the bus. I should be used to this (not seeing her). I wouldn’t be able to see her when I am gone. Will I be able to survive this? I had no idea. How was I going to survive without her beautiful smile and those doe eyes increasing in size due to her carefree smile?

(To be continued)

1 comment: