Saturday 22 June 2013

How to impress my sister in 10 days -part 4




Day -10 – I hugged my blanket tight. I didn’t leave my bed since yesterday’s night. My mum had called me out many times. I didn’t get up. I pretended as if I was not feeling well. 

With every minute, I was getting frightened for him. I was constructing the scenes that were going to take place. Oh! He must have proposed her by now. What was she going to tell him? Hope she was not rude to him?  He has a soft heart. I knew he was not going to take it easy. I should have been there for me. I am such a coward. 

“What kind of friend was I who left her friend in pain?” I scolded myself. I didn’t notice that I had spent the morning in the bed. It was evening already. I could see my room was dark. Suddenly the door opened. “Ah! It must be mum. She must have come to check my health. “I thought.  “Hi, how are you feeling?” a familiar voice asked. I switched on the table light to see who it was.

It was him. How come he was here? Obviously, he was here to tell me how he got dumped by my sister. Did she tell him I knew? How was he going to react when I was going to tell that I knew the truth?
I tried to avoid his eyes. “Hi...So how was it” I said pretending to smile. He didn’t say anything for some time. After few minutes, he said, “I didn’t go. I mean I didn’t meet her.”  “What? Why? “I asked.  “I don’t think she loves me. She loves Akash. I had seen that in her eyes. Even that day when I took her out, she spoke only about him.”, he said. “Then you knew she wasn’t into you all this while. Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. “Hmmm…I wanted to …be with you…I think I have fallen for you.”, he said. 

I was shocked. This was not happening. He loved my sister and all of sudden he says he likes me. I don’t believe this. “What are you telling? You didn’t get my sister. It doesn’t mean that you could just tell me all this shit and I will smile and come with you.” I thought. At last I said,” I don’t understand what you are saying? You are not serious, right? I don’t want any more heart attacks.”

“ I know what you are thinking. You are right! You can take time as long as you want. I will wait. But I want you to remember that I am not telling you all this just because I didn’t get the girl. I like you for who you are.” , he said.

Did he say that he likes me? No way! How do I believe him? 

“ I need time… This is too much for me to take in… Anyway, why don’t we remain friends?”, I said. “Ok. If you want this, then I will wait. We will be friends and…you are reliable friend.”, he said.
I was happy that everything was fine even if the mission – ‘how to impress my sister in 10 days’ failed.

                                                        *************The end****************

No comments:

Post a Comment