Tuesday 4 June 2013

Love wrecked -part 2




It was lazy Sunday noon. I was lying on my bed with my favorite Nicholas Sparks novel. Suddenly I see my mum barging into my room, screaming at top of her voice, “I have been calling your name for so long. You don’t have courtesy to respond. Get dressed now. We have to attend a house warming occasion.”, she said. “Is it necessary for me to come? I mean what will I do amongst the strangers there?”,I asked innocently. “ GET DRESSED , YOUNG LADY! NO MORE QUESTIONS.” ,she ordered. 

I got dressed within few minutes. I looked my ‘plain jane’ best. However my mum was not pleased by my appearance and kept nagging me during the whole journey. We did reach my place of boredom (it was my aunt’s fifth ‘new home anniversary’.) I don’t get  my aunty’s fixation of buying new homes. Last year she had bought one where she stayed for only six months and now she rented that.

Anyway, I was bored to hell. My mum was busy gossiping with her circle. My dad was discussing about the bad world with his own set of friends. My sister was engrossed in her blackberry messenger and there were few more kids who were chatting  or playing around. I was invisible person around them until he came. I never expected that. My bored face lit up when he came. He waved his hand at me when he saw me. I simply smiled at him.

The whole time I tried to avoid him. But during the lunch I had to sit next to him. I tried not to look at his side. I was happy yet nervous at the same time. I couldn’t eat properly and my stomach was continuously trembling. I got up soon without telling him anything. I could feel him staring at me. I know I would do the same thing if all of sudden someone leaves without telling me.

I felt bad about my snobbish attitude towards him. I decided to ping him through facebook. He didn’t reply back for days. It was perfect punishment for my mistake. One fine day, I was exploring my facebook profile for status and pictures; I saw that he had replied to my message. I later checked my online friends. He was online. It was first time I spoke to him though it was non verb communication.

Thus chatting with him became my latest obsession. I was never a social media fan. But with my new obsession growing within me, I became regular user of facebook. I would look whether he is online million times in a day. When I see he is not online , my day becomes upside down. 

What has this love done to me? It had changed me from free spirited girl to an anxious girl. Does love change a person completely that one cannot recognize them self. Love did change me but I hope it was for good.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment