Tuesday 25 June 2013

First love-part 3




I knew I looked dumb because of me staring at her without blinking. But what I could do? Her every movement hypnotized me towards her. The wind was blowing at her face making some strands of her hair gently sway to its tune. She smiled secretly time to time. She held the plastic bag with care as if there was some treasure.

I was annoyed when my stop came. I never wanted to go. I felt betrayed by the driver. Well! On the other days he would drive slowly, but today I don’t understand what made him to drive so soon. “ So you need to get down the next stop and take a left from the bus stop.” I said. “ Thanks” , she said with her million dollar smile. My heart thumped after she did that. I stood there without moving for a second. Then I realised I had to get down. 

My happiness seems to be always short lived. I was welcomed by my dad and his boring lecture on independence and responsibility. Ah! It would end with praising his nephew(my cousin) and berating me. Gosh! When was he going to stop? This had become a routine due to which I had even by hearted his lecture.

I had taken in one ear and spilled it over in another ear. That’s what I did with all his advices. I walked towards my room and got busy with the composition of latest song. 

The next afternoon I saw her at same bus stop. She was looking other side. I wondered whether she remembered me. I guess she wouldn’t. Why would she? I was just a passerby who tried to help her like other humans would do. She had turned her eyes towards our bus stop and gave her charming smile.
Oh! She remembers me. I thought she had forgotten me. I was overjoyed by this. I wanted to literally jump. But I didn’t do that due to fear of being ridiculed by Rahul and others at the bus stop.

Everyday had become routine for me to see her. I would smile and then she would smile at me. We had become smiling buddies. After few weeks, we started talking to each other in the sign language. Even Rahul had become accustomed by our language. I would become disheartened if I didn’t see her. However, next day I would be overjoyed when I see her.

Ah! What was this feeling? I was next to her but far away from her. I wanted to end this distance between us. I wanted her to know how much I love her. But I never had courage to spill out my feelings to her. How would I ? I hardly spoke to her. It was only sign language and smile that bounded us together.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment