Monday 10 June 2013

Letter to my beloved-part 2



He opened the envelope to read the letter in it. It was written in most beautiful handwriting he had ever seen. The sweet scent of ink on the paper was still there. The letter looked as if it was penned now.

        “Dear Ian,
            It has been tough for me to write this to you. As I write, I am not sure                what words to  use or how do I put the meaning into these sentences. You don’t know how scared I am while writing this. Ok, let’s do this.
              
          You said that you wanted to marry me that day. I didn’t respond and just ran away. I can understand your feelings. The thing is that I have never been in such kind of situation. Actually I wanted tell ‘yes’. But I was numb and I couldn’t tell you my feeling. I regret that. I should have told you.
           
         I have never thought my love for you would grow so deeper. My life would be void      and colourless without you. You have become my drug without which I can’t leave. I don’t  know what I would be without you.
         
         I want to share my happiness, sorrow, secrets…every possible things with you. In other words, I want to share rest of my life with you. I have never been sure about anything except you. I cannot see myself with anyone apart from you. I would rather remain unmarried rest of life than be with someone else.
           
        I wanted to tell you something that I have kept for so long in my heart-I love you.
       
       Love,
       Saniya(Jenny)”


He was bewildered about what he had read. Everything became so clear-why she hated him calling her ‘jenny’ and why she was annoyed with whatever he did. She never loved him. The letter was like a shock to him. He stood still and didn’t move an inch. Why did she not tell him before marriage? He would have moved away from her life if he knew that she was in love with someone else. But one thing remained unclear in his mind-the letter was not posted and that meant, she had not told this guy about her feelings

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment