Sunday 2 June 2013

The perfect date-part 5



They hadn’t spoken for a quite long time. An uncanny silence remained between them. It was already midnight –the end of beautiful day. At last Claudia broke the silence and asked, “Are we going home? “ “No darling, there is one last place that would complete our day.”,he said.  “What is he going to do now?” she thought while doubting his intentions.

 They took the cab to other side of the city. The streets were empty with just a few group of drunkards lost in their own world. They stopped at Alexandra Park. 

It was clear black sky. The moon was shining bright and stars were looking like tiny white spots in the sky. They lay on lush green grass and were staring at the tiny bright stars. “It’s so peaceful here. I feel so relaxed for the first time.” she said. “Could I ask you something?”, she added. He closed his eyes and smiled. “ I am grateful to you for making my night so special. But I don’t understand why are you doing this?” she asked.  “You chatter a lot. You think that I am doing this because I have some evil motive behind this. You are wrong!”, he joked. “I could have killed you yesterday. But I didn’t. I told you the reason yesterday. I. Like. My. Prey. To. Be. Frightened. You got that!” ,he whispered.

She knew he was hiding something. She hated that! Her anger gushed out and she screamed loudly, “You are not telling me the truth. You are a vampire and I am a human. Goddamn it’s not ‘twilight’ movie!  You do have some motive behind this. Maybe you want to enhance your power. So instead of killing me, you are trying to seduce me into sacrificing my soul to you. I have told you that I am ready to die. You don’t have to do all this for me.” 

He was shocked by her opinion about him and said, “Why do you humans make wrong assumptions based on the false information you read or watch? Well, if I wanted to take an indirect option, I would have sired you yesterday. Why do you want to die? You have so many people who care about you. When was the last time you visited your mum? You shut yourself from people because of few unfortunate moments in your life. Failures happen to everyone. But those people are successful who raise from them. You haven’t lost everything. I know you love ballet than anything in your life. So why did you give up just like that? Your boyfriend is not worth messing your life. He was never in love with you. He only loved your money and fame.” 


She was shocked to hear so much about her life from some stranger. “How did he know so much about her life than her? How dare he call her ‘wasted’? He’s a stranger and he had no right to interfere in her life. She never asked him about his life.” ,she thought. She was about to run away when he grabbed her hand and pulled her into his arms. She wanted to leave but she couldn’t .Her eyes became moist with tears. She tried to control them. “You can cry. You have been keeping it inside your heart for too long. It’s okay to cry.”,he consoled. She covered her face into his cold chest and cried like a baby.
 
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment