Thursday 6 June 2013

Love wrecked-part 4




 My face was all lit up after seeing him. I felt like Clytie (a water nymph) in love with Apollo (the Greek god). I never moved my eyes anywhere except at him. My stomach was trembling from inside. My heart was beating faster. The only thing I wanted to do at that moment was to hug him. I controlled my feeling that was now showing on my face.

 He was happier than usual. He smiled like as if he had won a battle. He moved past me and towards where his parents stood. I didn’t like that. He didn’t even tell me ‘hi’. He hugged his mum and for the first time I was jealous of such a pious woman (his mother). He said in euphoric tone, “I got the scholarship to MIT! The semester is starting next month.” 

No, this can’t be. He’s playing a prank on me… I mean us. Whatever! It has to be a joke. But his smile didn’t lie. I had to translate that message into my head. He was going to be miles away from…me. What am I going to do? How was I going to make my heart understand? 

My heart broke into pieces. The dreams that I had of him came crashing down. My life was in ruins. The worst part was that I couldn’t share the feelings for him. I wanted to run away. I didn’t have the strength to take this blow. I wanted to cry. But I couldn’t. I had to swallow my emotions into my heart. He had left me love wrecked.  

After a month, he left for good and I was stranded with only his memories in this island of love. I tried to move on and forget everything that I shared with him. However my feelings for him never died. I locked them and threw it somewhere inside my heart.
 

1 comment: