Friday 14 June 2013

Letter to my beloved-part 5



Why was she feeling this way? She always wanted to be with Ian. She never liked Taran. She was upset with everything what he did. Nothing seemed right with him. Now that everything was in its place, but she still felt it was not right. 

It was always she who would leave him without saying anything. But today it was he who did that. He didn’t give her chance to speak. She felt his pain and sorrow. “I am such a villain” , she thought and sat down (on the stairway towards the entrance to the house) to soothe her tired legs. She didn’t notice that she had been standing for long hours before her leg started hurting.

Her inner soul scolded for being snobbish to him. He had done so much for her and she never appreciated him. She was waiting for love so long. But she ignored the love that was always with her. She dialed his number frantically. He picked after few rings. “Hi! So how is Ian? How did he react?” he said and pretended to be excited. He was driving with one hand on steering wheel and other hand holding his cell phone. “Ahhh…(fights back tears) I didn’t meet him..I don’t want to…Why didn’t ..you ask me..?” she said while having difficulty to speak due to intense crying. 

“Don’t cry… I always wanted you to be happy. I thought this would make you happy. I ..am sorry”, he said softly. “Don’t …Don’t say that. I (sniff) should… be… sorry for what I did. Can you..pick me..up? (sniff) I am waiting ..for you..and I…love..you. Come soon.”, she said. 

He was blissful to hear those words after long time. His excitement disabled him from noticing speeding truck move towards his car. It struck his car and he died on spot. 

His death affected her life. She never forgave herself. She would always spend long hours sitting next to his grave. She couldn’t accept anyone in her life and remained his widow for rest of her life.
 
                                    ***************End****************
 

No comments:

Post a Comment